Of all the Red carpets, the Grammys is the place for risks. Pop stars, as opposed to the actors you might see on the Oscars or Golden Globes carpets, are used to going for the bold, the daring, and the different. This is the carpet on which Jennifer Lopez wore her infamous green dress in 2000 and the one where Lady Gaga arrived on the red carpet in 2011 "incubating" in a translucent egg— you know, that one.
Pop stars are known for wearing costume-y, full-on looks in their day-to-day lives: during music videos, magazine spreads, on stage at their concerts, or to head out for dinner. So, for the Grammys red carpet, the challenge is how to up their game, to wear something memorable and appropriate for the occasion that will stand out among the stars. Take a look at the bold, winning looks from the 2017 Grammys red carpet: these are the best looks of the night.
1. Adele stunned in an emerald green Givenchy floor-length number with intricate embroidery. She also rocked a diamond encrusted brooch in the shape of a lemon -- a possible ode to Beyoncé perhaps?
2. Carrie Underwood goes slightly out of her comfort zone in an all beaded scarlet gown with a keyhole cutout by Elie Madi paired with Jimmy Choo shoes. She finished the look with a loose curly up do.
3. For Cassidy Pope’s first Grammy Awards red carpet, the newly engaged singer pulled out all the style stops. The singer chose a silver sequined, open back Julia Clancey gown paired with her most blinding accessory; her gorgeous ring from her fiancé.
4. Chrissy Teigen went with something totally different this year and we’re obsessed. She rocked a long-sleeve, skin-tight black sheer Roberto Cavalli gown with two giant cutouts on either side, showing off her fabulous figure.
5. Demi Lovato wore a champagne-colored, bodice-cutout, sheer dress with a high-neck by Julien Macdonald. Demi’s gown was accented with chain details that flaunted her fit physique, in true Hollywood form, it did not leaving much to the imagination.
6. Kat Graham was practically dripping in glitter from head to toe at the 2017 Grammys. The Vampire Diaries star rocked red-hot sparkly lips that perfectly matched the striped, asymmetrical stunner by Jean Paul Gaultier. Her sleek and simple hairstyle allowed her dazzling lips to steal the show.
7. Kelsea Ballerini’s Ines Di Santo gown was made of tulle and Chantilly lace, and featured an illusion boat neck with aqua flowers and bronze beaded tulle overlay. This look was perfectly sweet for her first red carpet. Ballerini won us over at FIG for best dressed! Sometimes simplicity really works, even on the biggest night in music!
8. Lea Michele wore a sweet and floral embroidered two piece by Cavalli Couture with Dana Rebecca Designs earrings. The singer paired the look with a rose colored eye shadow and matching lip that made the floral embroidery pop.
9. Rihanna always kills it on the red carpet starting with her custom Armani Privé crop top, covered in tangerine crystals; the halter-style top showcased the star’s famous winged tattoo. Paired with a voluminous full black silk organza skirt, the entire look is like nothing we have seen before but RiRi rocked this look like no one else could!
10. Skylar Grey’s Mario Dice gown was classically beautiful, but the pleat detail and buttoned down front slit, kept it very modern. She added her own flare by carrying a pink LED-enabled clutch which read the words “Empowerment” and “Equality” continuously scrolling across as she walked down the red carpet.
All pictures are compliments of Getty Images, Wire Images, & Invision/AP