The Oscars have been around for over eight decades from 1927 to 2017. We all know this award show has always had the reputation of being full of elegance and glam in the best way possible; and last night was no shortage of history. Take a look at some of our favorite red carpet looks from the 89th Academy Awards…
1. Olivia Culpo gown was a vision in custom Marchesa in collaboration with Stella Artois and water.org. Her gown was made of tiny pieces of their special edition chalice. It donated five years of drinking water to women in the developing world.
2. Brie Larson stepped our wearing a strapless black Oscar de la Renta gown with a ruffled train paired with Neil Lane jewelry and Aquazzura shoes.
3. Viola Davis wore a crimson Armani Prive dress with a halter neckline and draped capelet detail with golden jewels and a silver simple clutch combined with Stuart Weitzman shoes.
4. Emma Stone won a lot of awards last night for her role in the musical movie production of “La La Land”. She even wore a dance–worthy fringed Givenchy Haute Couture gown by Riccard Tisei, paired with Tiffany & Co. earrings and a pin supporting Planned Parenthood.
5. Janelle Monae arrived to the show wearing a gorgeous Elie Saab Haute Couture fairy- tale gown, Jennifer Behr crown, Forevermark jewels, and Brian Atwood shoes.
6. Priyanka Chopra stunned us in an architectural white gown with a geometric motif and matching Lorrain Schwartz cuffs.
7. Hailee Steinfeld wore a super romantic lavender Ralph & Russo gown with a watercolor floral print, metallic details and Neil Lane Jewelry taking the spot of FIG’s Best Dressed for the 2017 Oscars.
8. Jessica Biel wore an Oscar inspired golden gown by Kaufman Franco with a Tiffany & Co. necklace made of platinum, gold and diamonds.
9. Chrissy Teigen looked like a complete goddess in a gorgeous white Zuhair Murad gown with intricate gold beading, a floor- length cape, and one of her red carpet staples: a very high slit.
10. Ruth Negga rocked a high neck, sheer-yoke Maison Valentino gown with red lace details, plus custom Irene Neuwirth jewelry set with Gemfields Mozambican rubies and a blue ribbon to support the ACLU.
11. Emma Roberts brought some serious glam in a vintage Armani Prive gown with Atelier Sworovski jewelry and a red lip matching her soft red curls.
12. Busy Philipps wore a stunning hunter green velvet Elizabeth Kennedy gown, Lorraine Schwartz jewels, Roger Viverr clutch and a blue ribbon to support the ACLU.
**All pictures are compliments of Getty Images.