The Cannes International Film Festival is the who's who of new and upcoming film-fame, so of course the fashion is chalk-full of upcoming trends, high-end designers, and style icons. Coming off a Met Gala Red Carpet, these A-listers pulled out all the stops all over again in the beautiful French Riviera. With the Festival officially wrapped, we look back on all the stunning gowns of the CIFF red carpet.
Cut-outs and sheer illusion dresses were all the rage this year at the festival, and we were in love with all of it! Perfect for all ages, we saw cut-out gowns in a variety of necklines and fabrics. We especially loved the monochromatic and solid color schemes seen all over the red carpet. Take a look at a few of our favorite fashionistas from the last two weeks…
- Julienne Moore rocked a show-stopping black, beaded Givenchy number with stunning illusion cut outs showing off her perfect figure.
- Natasha Poly, also in black, goes less is more and more is more with her all black bell-sleeve full length gown. The Roberto Cavalli number features the perfect lace cut-out and beading details.
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley nails a vibrant red Alexandre Vauthier dress with a stately halter neck and exquisite sheer cut outs.
- Doutzen Kroes goes a little more subtle in her solid black Brandon Maxwell dress but keeps the sexy with the deep v-neck, side cut outs, and front slit.
- Kendall Jenner wowed us over and over at the Festival, but we especially loved this Roberto Cavalli sheer patterned, long-sleeve stunner. Her sleek up-do and majestic chandelier earrings complete the look from head to toe.
- Bella Hadid aced the nude and silver Roberto Cavalli curve-hugging number, accented perfectly with a glitzy statement necklace.
- Chanel Iman wore Kaufman Franco perfectly. She nails the high slit, simple cut-outs, and halter neckline. We love the silver and blush color on her too!
- Araya Hargate stunned in a lavender Atelier Versace sheer, illusion, cut-out silk-chiffon gown at the opening ceremony of the festival. We swooned over the funky halter neck. She accented the whole look with a high, half-pony.
- Petra Nemcova, the Czech model, stunned in an all-white Vice Domini fish-tail mermaid gown at the Vanity Fair party.
- Chanel Iman (always stunning so we had to share another) rocked more glitter in all gold this time in August Getty Atelier. With a super sexy side cut out and opposite high-slit, she nailed her red carpet look.