While Academy Award Nominees were announced yesterday, we are still obsessing over our favorite Golden Globes ensembles! So many actresses looked absolutely flawless, but we have narrowed our favorites down to 8. These were our top stand-outs on the red carpet:
- Jennifer Lawrence in Dior – Miss Lawrence has had one extraordinary year, and this dress was perfectly polished on the starlet. We love the classic black and white palate, and the way this gown shows off her incredible figure.
- Olivia Wilde in Gucci – Who says baby bumps don’t wear couture? Olivia looked absolutely stunning in this emerald column number by Gucci. We love her bold bump, and overall sparkle.
- Margo Robbie in Gucci – This dress was a standout for us because of its simple elegance and perfect detail. We loved the way her emerald shoe accentuated her emerald stones on the dress. Sleek, chic and fabulous!
- Amy Adams in Valentino – Hello, Amy! The starlet confessed her character in American Hustle inspired this daring look. We love the color blocking, and shades of red. The silhouette is sexy, yet tasteful. Red hot!
- Taylor Swift in Carolina Herrera – T Swift certainly amped up the glamour in this gorgeous gown. We love the Marilyn Monroe-esque pink and black combo and dramatic skirt.
- Lupita Nyong’o in Ralph Lauren – This dress was incredible on the runway and is even more lovely on Lupita! We love the bold color, classic column design and of course the cape detail! She proves less is absolutely more.
- Sandra Bullock in Prabal Gurung – Sandra Bullock surprised us in this color-blocked look. We love the daring color combination paired with a high-low hemline. A simple peep-toe pump takes this ensemble one giant step fashion-forward.
- Sofia Vergara in Zac Posen – We are used to seeing the star in plunging necklines and fitted skirts, but we love her in this exaggerated ball gown. This shape works perfectly in classic black, and we love the pop of color in her jewelry. Take note fellow nominees, this is how you modernize the “princess dress”.
Who was your best-dressed at the Golden Globes? Stay tuned for more red carpet coverage coming soon!