TGIF! The holidays are officially over, and the New Year is in full-swing; time for those resolutions to start! While resolutions concerning health and fitness are always a great way to jumpstart the year, we have laid out a few easy to follow fashion resolutions.
- Edit your Closet: Our favorite rule for cleaning closets? If you haven’t worn it in a year, get rid of it. Make room for pieces you will actually wear, and don’t forget: for every 2 “trendy” pieces you remove, add a staple (ex: a little black dress, classic blazer, etc.).
- Invest in your Style: After your closet cleanup, each season make a list of items you would like to purchase and a budget. Trendy items should not put a big dent in your budget. For these items, opt to buy less expensive pieces since you may only wear them for one season. On closet staples, invest wisely and don’t be afraid to spend a little more. Make sure these staple items are high quality to stand the test of time and can be worn for many seasons and years to come.
- Swap Seasons before They Change: Instead of waiting to swap out winter coats for spring frocks in July, update your closet as soon as the weather has officially changed.
- Be Kind to your Shoes: We all have a pair of go-to shoes. Make sure you are taking proper care of each pair. Clean up those soles, repair broken heels and show your shoes a little love.
- Don’t be afraid to try something new: Fashion is about expression and creativity. We aren’t advising you to re-create any Miley moments, but try on looks that intrigue you. Some may work, and some may not, but you won’t know until you try!
We hope these put some pep in your step for 2014. What are some of your favorite fashion resolutions?