TGIF! One of the most wonderful times of the year is upon us… that’s right, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York has begun! Here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming shows, news and fashion.
Ones to Watch:
- Diane Von Furstenburg – DVF celebrates 40 years of the iconic wrap dress this year! Catch her Fall 2014 collections on February 9th at 5pm.
- Creatures of the Wind – This design duo has been turning heads since their debut in WWD in 2008. Shane Gabier and Christopher Peters were named runners-up in the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund in 2011. Since then they have scooped up numerous honors and have been selected to participate in an exhibit at the American Fold Art Museum in NYC. (Collection debuted Feb. 6th at 12pm).
- Lela Rose – We love a Texas native, and Lela Rose’s ability to capture beauty, color and whimsy makes our hearts swoon. The flagship store sits in our very own Highland Park Village, and her expanding collections make her a brand to watch. You can watch the Lela Rose show on Feb. 9th at 11am.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs – This highly-anticipated collection will be Jacobs’ first since leaving Louis Vuitton. Tried-and-true fans are grappling to see what the creative genius will unveil. True to form, Jacobs is foregoing Lincoln Center and will be showing at 69th Regiment Factory on February 13th.
Favorites so far:
- Jay Godfrey – Jay Godfrey knows how to dress a woman, and his continued creativity seems effortless.
- BCBGMAXAZRIA – Fur touches, unique prints and feminine silhouettes have us excited for fall (yes, even though we are still grumbling about winter).
Can’t make it to New York this week (Shows run Feb 6 – 13)? No problem! Live stream all of your favorite designers online. You won’t miss a single moment of show-stopping fall fashions.
We can’t wait to see what Fashion Week has in store! What collections are you most excited to see?